AUTHOR COPYRIGHT TRANSFER AGREEMENT
Indian Journal of Law and Technology,
National Law School of India University,
Karnataka 560242, India ………….……………………………………… hereinafter called the “Journal”
________________________________ …………..…………hereinafter called the “Author”.
This agreement entered into by the Indian Journal of Law and Technology and _______________________________________ is as follows:
I. GRANT OF RIGHTS
1. The Author hereby grants and assigns to the Journal the right to publish in print form in
Volume ___ of the Journal, the work entitled ______________________________________________________________.
2. The Author also grants the Journal the right to make the Work available on the Journal’s website, freely accessible to readers.
3. The Author is free to republish the Work in any other publication provided that the Author promises to inform the Journal of any subsequent publication. The subsequent publication shall be subject to acknowledgement of prior publication in the Journal.
II. WARRANTIES AND PROMISES
1. The Author warrants that he is the sole proprietor of the Work.
2. The Author promises to acknowledge the publication of the Work in the Journal as the first publication of the Work.
3. The Author warrants that the Work has not been previously published in any form or under any name in any publication.
4. The Author warrants that the Work does not infringe the legal rights of any person or persons including any existing copyright or trademark to the best of his/her knowledge.
5. If any element of the Work requires permission from the holder of a legal right, the Author warrants that he has obtained such requisite permission. In case of any violation copyright, trademark or other legal rights of any third party, the Author shall hold harmless and indemnify the Journal from any loss sustained by the Journal by reason of such violation.
III. AUTHOR’S COPIES
The Journal agrees to send via post/courier 2 copies of Volume __ of the Journal as Author’s copies to the address intimated by the Author.
This agreement will be construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of India and constitutes the full and complete understanding of both parties regarding the subject. If any dispute arises out of or in relation to this agreement, then such dispute shall be resolved before appropriate courts in Bangalore, India.
Chief Editor/Authorized Signatory Date:
INDIAN JOURNAL OF LAW AND TECHNOLOGY
< Signature of the Author >Date:
Author’s declaration: I declare that the work satisfies the requisite standards of originality and academic integrity.
Signature of the Author >Date:
Click here to download a sample copy of the Author Copyright Transfer Agreement’